Sunday, January 17, 2010

WalMart Rocks and NYC needs 1 (or 20)

Ninety percent of the time, I am not a fan of corporate monopoly but this is different. The prices and inventory at WalMart are fabulous! Where else can you buy food, clothes and housewares at the same time?! Exactly. Last week, went food shopping and bought enough to feed my family of 2 for 2 weeks....spent $76. Regular grocery store, would have cost $120-$180. I also tracked down Andrew's birthday gift that had been sold out everywhere since before Christmas  eluding me. Did not expect the Mr. Coffee Frappe Maker to be the hottest gift...in December!!! Almost as popular as the Snuggie.

There is only WalMart in NY & it's by Roosevelt Field. Who wants to drive there on a Saturday or Sunday? Not me. Bloomberg needs to chillax and allow WalMart in the boros already. Don't be scared Mikey, just sit back and watch corporate America work. Not only will shoppers (aka New Yawkers) save money but the stores are so massive that WalMart will pay mucho dinero (big bucks) in taxes. Even with a tax break, with NYC taxes...wowsa. My suggestion to Mikey, the Democratic Independent Republican, be decisive and allow Sam Walton to spread his love (aka Disneyland for Adults) on the people of NYC. If you do this, I will move back tomorrow. LOL Seriously, I would. But don't listen to the Yankee who has been living down South for two years. What do I know? Besides the fact, I have been on this crazy journey and realized WalMart is not as scary as I made it out to be. Yes, I almost forget (oops) that WalMart is not farmers and people missing teeth.It is regular people just trying to save money for better purposes.

Off to WalMart! I need garbage bags & a third stainless steel travel mug. Best invention ever, that stainless steel mug thingy.

Emily

0 comments:

Post a Comment