Saturday, January 16, 2010

After a Long Hiatus, I'm baaaaaack. Encounter With Wet Nails

Yesterday, was too Emmy not to share & 140 (twitter) characters will not do! Went to get my nails done during my lunch hour, beautiful bronze color. I was so hungry that I could not wait to drive 2 minutes back to the office & then heat up my lunch. Decided I wanted Subway (next to the nail place) and this is what transpired:

Me: (Outloud, to myself) G-d, I never ask for stupid stuff but I really need help. Can you please send me someone trustworthy to open my wallet and get out my debit card? Please make it obvious, so I don't end up asking the Subway lady to do it. Thank you, I know you are busy but I'm truly hungry.

I walk into Subway and there was a van full of gentleman in training to be Sherrif's...wait for it...at the county prison!!! OMG, I asked for an obvious sign and G-d showed himself tenfold. Wooohoooooo

Me to the SIT (Sherrif in Training) in front of me in line: This may sound crazy but I asked G-d to send me someone trustworthy to help me get my debit card out. You are like my angel. My nails are wet and I am really hungry, can you please help me, Sir?

SIT: No problem, Ma'am.

I let him open my purse, my wallet and grab my debit card. So not Emmy but I did have my mace on hand incase this experiment went bad.



Me: Thank you, Sir! Good Luck on training, I know you will do well. In fact, you just helped your first citizen.

SIT: That's true. (He Laughed)

Me: When you tell this crazy encounter to your friends, I have the best punchline.

SIT: That G-d sent me?

ME: And you could always start it, "This crazy Yankee woman..."

SIT: Yes, Ma'am.

I thanked him again and we parted ways...would I have tried this in NY? If it was a van full of NYPD or Nassau County PD, heck yes!!!


Emily

0 comments:

Post a Comment