Saturday, October 17, 2009

Yesterday was Crazy!

We went to the garages for the Nascar Nationwide Series race. Saw a lot of drivers but was more interested in finding the tweepple we follow. Standing in the pits, trying to steal find wi-fi in the Edge only speedway was tricky. Finally, found a good spot where we decided to stand for a bit. Looked to my left and saw this guy texting feverishly, noticed tiny pictures on the left side of his screen. AH HA, twitter!!!! Scrolled through my twitter friends to find out what his name was and this is the conversation that ensued:

Me: Excuse me, is your name Bryan?
Him: Yes
Me: I follow you on twitter!

The guy next to him was really excited about it. I started to wonder if I really just used the phrase "I follow you on twitter" aloud. My husband, @djwithsoul, took a picture and it went up to twitter on the ride home. We were both excited to find out that at least one of the Nascar people we follow was real and not some uberfan at home on his couch!

http://mypict.me/upload/0/15/751/15751569.jpg

***************************
The entire confrontation with that bitch...it could not be told in 120 characters on twitter.

I walked over to one of the properties my company manages because we share a parking lot. When I arrived the bitch said, "Hey Emily, you can tell you are getting fat." Followed by a cackle. Of course, I thought I heard her wrong so I invited her to repeat it said, "What? Did you just call me fat???" Bitch said, "Yeah, you are getting heavier."

Maybe this is okay in other cultures but when you tell a tiny white girl they are getting fat, it's on like Donkey Kong. I walked away from the situation in tears but the bitch felt the need to chime in, "Are you mad at me?" Not one to bite my tongue I rebutted, "I'm not mad. I am pissed off. Leave me alone!" Finally, bitch got the hint and went on her way.

I know I am not fat and have a high self-esteem, maybe even too high if that is possible. My husband and coworkers had a nice chuckle at my expense even though I was visibly upset by it. This is going to be #1 on my NC cons list, taking the place of "no ethnic food". Interesting, food has been replaced by a bitch calling me fat. By the way, last night for dinner I had a beef brisket sandwich slathered in sauce with cole slaw. It was delicious and did not call me fat once!



Until Tomorrow,

♥ Emily ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment